Sunday, 7 September 2008

Fathers Day

Hi everyone
It is Fathers Day in the land of Oz and Fathers everywhere have been given ties, socks and hankies or cute little gadgets which will make life easier. I must admit the thing that makes my Dad smile is a bottle of Glennfiddich so that is what he got today. We have just been over to see him and Mum for afternoon tea and they were able to catch up with Matt and Phil as well. I am sure that the new booze will be open today with a 'sip or three' after dinner.

Today it has been 17 degrees and at last I feel Spring is on its way. It is still dry here though, so the watering system will go on for a few hours tonight as rain hasn't fallen in many weeks now. It is such a shame - but I am trying to only water weekly because we are trying to be rational about our water use..... But the roses are cooking healthy, the irises are starting to pop their heads up and we have moo pooed til our hearts are content. We even noticed a purple hyacinth

I have had a fun time this weekend with planning our accommodation for the trip to Tassie. We will be flying into Launceston (love that place) staying a few nights and then off to Stanley to a romantic retreat (ooooo lala) down to the Town of Murals - Sheffield, then to Ross, St Mary's, Coles Bay and to Hobart. We want to be active, relax and paint so the holiday should give us all three. And we are staying in quaint country cottages, an eco friendly village, a spa cottage and several B&Bs. All in all perfect I think!

Yesterday I think that the weeks had caught up with me and I was a bit 'fluey' but today I feel a lot better. I have had a pretty quiet weekend though and last night we went to Brendas for dinner and looked over her camper van. It is over 17 feet long but full of all the mod cons so she is so happy. She just can't wait to get moving now and go on holiday.

I have also done some OTP (Off the Page) projects this weekend. Some cute bags I am going to use for place cards for the girls at the Pre Christmas Brunch - so I am having a ball. I think another 6 are coming this week and I am wondering whether I will do them for the female managers at work....we'll see!!

Pheobe Bag

To Have and to Hold Bag

I also did some Christmas ornaments for people at work. These are such a lot of fun and I don't need them all different so I can do a few the same...... I am thinking now about a little ssaying on the back - but will have to find something sweet and funny..... and not religious.

For the men maybe????

Liking the one on the left - Figgy Pudding paper - so gorgeous -
actually the one on the right is the same paper on the reverse side

Love these stars but all my 'bling' is
somewhere else at the moment....
can't wait to add a little bling to these...

Matt is busy working on the Parentline website at the moment and Jess is designing her wonderful art work. They are such great people and I am so lucky!! Jess let me take 3 great pieces of magnolia today which I want to paint before the flowers fall. What a wonderful tree the magnolia is - and in this climate it works so well. I want to plant a garden of them at Scribbly Gums..... that would be so cool.

Have a wonderful week

With love
C

No comments: