Saturday, 23 August 2008

Some layouts for today

Hi there

I have been busy creating today and here are some layouts that I have finished....


In Cairns we were facinated with the different plants but this tree must have taken the cake!! It is a Cannonball Tree and is native to tropical America. The flowers are superb (note to self...paint this when you go to Cairns next year!) and the fruit is just like cannonballs - they are bigger than a soft ball nad heavy - very like a boab tree we thought. Weird!


Isn't this a wonderful Torch Ginger. It was so great to see the wonderful plants and especially the gingers int he botanical gardens - they are so colourful and bright.


These palms were on lots of things at Cairns - often with little green tree frogs. The gates at the botanical gardens which Phil is standing near have these palms in the iron work. The gardens are so green and lush! These palms are cut out by hand and decorated but they haven'ty come up too badly I think... and I love that frog!!


How awesome is this bird the Cassowary. They are big, fearless and beutiful. This layout is very simple - but it didn't need a lot more! The bright cobalt blue and scarlet colours on the neck and chest are true of the colours.... how awesome is this bird??


Love these little guys. They appeared at dusk and fed on insects for a lot of the night then hid during the day. They are so cute!!

Going to get a glass of wine now..... and then tidy up this mess so I can make more mess next time I scrap - thanks for looking

Carol

3 comments:

Helen Jolly said...

Love seeing LOs of places and things of where i live
The botanical gardens are awesome!!!!!
Im lucky enough to have lots of the plants in my own garden, so awesome and green
Love frogs and geckos!!!!!

mandysea said...

The flora and fauna are so very different to where I love.

Such vibrancy in your photos Carol!!

Lovely representation through your layouts!

Sonya said...

Great LO's and photo Carol!!

We do have lots of different plants and wildlife up here.