So what is happening here in our world.....
Well as the heading says - a surprise at the conference! It was going to be a quiet conference - I was there with our GP from the clinic and thinking about things as I waited with her at reception. Then out of the blue a blond haired woman asked if I was Carol - of course I said yes - and she introduced herself as Sue - my cousin Sue - my Dads niece!! Well I am glad she recognised me - I wasn't so observant and we haven't seen one another for almost 30 years.....
In fact today would have been my 30th wedding anniversary - (if I didn't get divorced) and her two oldest Kellie and Penny were my flower girls. That is pretty amazing! Anyway lots of water has flowed under the bridge and 30 years have passed..... many things have changed. But it was so good to catch her up again and hopefully we will meet again this year.
So I am sending this link to Sue and Di and so hello and hope to catch up!!!
Wollongong was a lovely break on the weekend and I really enjoyed it..... it was sunny, windy and cold! I have never stayed there before but I rather liked it. The room was very small for two people but seeing we were out most of the time we didn't really notice.
On the way back we went to the Kiama blowhole - I mean who doesn't do that??? But while everyone was looking at the blowhole we were intently watching the whales blowing water and playing off shore. That was pretty awesome - I just love nature - it never ceases to amaze me.
The other thing that we are doing is arranging a 4 week break in NZ. We are hoping to catch up with all while we are over there (and I have to look at a detox rehab while we are there - so I will be able to get my airfares courtesy of the govt through tax......). gotta love that! We will be booking sometime this week! And we both need new passports too - should be a great break though and as it is end of year, budgets, reporting and annual report time I will be happy to have a break when these are over!
We are looking forward to catching up with Ross and Sonya in September too.... they are now in Gladstone and having a great time - we look forward to catching up with them and enjoying a bit of the area. Phil will then travel to Brsissy to see his Mum.
The other thing I did recently was decide to buy some furniture with Kevin's money and I have set up my scrapping room - It is much more organised now and tidy - lets see for how long.... I am loving the space - and because I paint, scrap, do mixed media and work on the computer (or play) this room gets really messy...... I now have heaps more storage and I love it!!

Desk, storage and bits - love this!
Love green so these baskets from Howard's Storage World were fab!!
And what is a scrap space without a candelabra
Desk, storage and bits - love this!
And what is a scrap space without a candelabra
No comments:
Post a Comment