Sunday, 26 July 2009

Beautiful Bags

A while ago I wrote on the LSBS Website that I had bought some patterns from the very talented Janelle Wind - well from her collection ..... I wondered really if I was going craze as I need another thing to do like a hole in the head!!!

I purchased them from Patchwork Plus for $15 each - and they don't charge postage

The materials for Thelma's Day Out were purchased from Spotlight (which was okay but not a great range) but then I remembered a store nearer to me - called Addicted to Fabric.

So last Sunday I went to the store wondering if they had patchwork materials (I couldn't remember it had been so long since I had been there). Well their fabric collection was awe inspiring..... it took me 20 mins to figure out a few fabrics and I will be back for more.

But I have had such fun sewing these and they are really lovely and the patterns are so good Janelle writes them well.

So here there are..... my version of them

Holly's Bouquet
Black denim and red patchwork print

Thelma's Day Out
Japanese inspired prints and tiny green check

I have bought a couple of gorgeous fabrics for Hai Pei - my son's girl friend for the Holly's Bouquet Bag and I am still wondering about one for Jess ..... maybe I will cover an art journal for her instead which might be a lot more her style.

Thanks Janelle for such great patterns - what fun they are to do!

Love
Carol

2 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW!!!
Carol your bags are just gorgeous ;)
Love the colors you chose.

Huggs
Trac x

Anonymous said...

ooo, lovely work!!! they look lovely carol.
x anna