Sunday, 10 May 2009

Back from beautiful FNQ

Millaa Millaa Falls
Well here I am again - can't believe it is three weeks since I last blogged here..... but I am back at last


MWAH

We have had a wonderful break in FNQ .... Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands and we already talking about another trip for a longer time next year.

Firstly I met up with the girls I chat to online for the Scrap Therapy Retreat and spent a wonderful time with friends - old and new for three days intense scrapping...... it was wonderful! Kristin an old friend of mine who is just getting into scrapping came too and we spent a lot of time just creating (bliss) oh and spending a fair amount of money too (Leanne had a scrapping shop there and lots of new products.

I spent so much that the credit card is still hot....... and I had to ship two large packages back to Canberra otherwise I would have been over the limit for the plane...... but it was wonderful. I also decided to send my 21 layouts back but post as well .....

Then Phil and I spent a wonderful time on the Atherton Tablelands at the Chambers Rainforest Retreat Lodge........ what bliss that place is......

Rainforest near the lodge

How pretty is this?? Some waterfalls in the tablelands

Surrounded by rainforest the lodges are set in amongst the action - birds and lots of little creatures including the beautiful sugar gliders who come in every night to feed - are these the worlds most cutest animals - I definitely think so!!!! I have pictures to prove it too!

Sugar Gliders Eating Honey off the trees - pretty cute hey??

One little glider who was tentative about us being there - but finally was okay with it!

I was able to catch up on some painting - which I haven't done since Tassie last year - my Scribbly Gums Blog will have these soon to look at ..... once I get there - but it is so great to paint in watercolours again

Beautiful Lake Eacham

I am thinking (haven't told Phil as yet) of running watercolour painting courses next year at the local TAFE. Just 6 weeks...... it is a gem of an idea and I am thinking about whether I want to commit to that .......

Anyway - have fun looking at the pics and happy Mothers Day to you all .....

Love
C

1 comment:

Ozstuff said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them with your blog friends. My daughter lived in Townsville for three years in recent times so I was more or less commuting to FNWQ on a regular basis and saw a lot of sights and learned to love the area.