There is not much to report on .... everything is going pretty well here in my world.
Matt and Hai Pei are in Thailand til the end of the week and I have heard from them via email so I know they are great.
Jason and Jessica are coming up for their first anniversary soon and hope to go somewhere nice for that. I cannot believe it is a year since they were married it has gone so quickly.
I am off to Kangaroo Valley for a scrapping weekend at the end of the month. I will be picking up Dani at the airport and then travelling to this beautiful part of Australia in the morning. It will be fun to meet Mel and Dani in person, especially since I have only every talked to them on the web. Not sure what I will be doing but it will be great to put up my feet and scrap away.
Kristin and I are off to the Scrap Therapy Retreat in May - I haven't booked the flights as yet as I cannot get them on special...... But will have too very soon. See here for details.
Phil is busy arranging the sheds on the property. It is quite a job as not a lot of communication is happening. But they are ordered and we look forward to being able to stay out there for weekends soon.
It is much better weather this week and even cool!!! Not complaining though ..... I saw a tree this morning which was already changing colour - even though it is hot Autumn is on its way - and I say - bring it on!!!
Mum and Dad seem pretty well at the moment. Mums eyes give her so much hassle which distresses her. But all in all they are getting out and about a bit - they have lunch in the cafe at Calvary every day, have their friends over and catch up once a week for drinks at the other residents places. It is a high traffic area in the mornings with carers, nurses and volunteers. Thankfully both of them are in pretty fine form at the moment.
Work is great - though really busy. I seem to run from one meeting to the next the whole time. We now have the Party Safe Bus and the Althea Wellness Centre is up and running with appointments booked now 2 days ahead. Fantastic!!!! We launch Althea in March with the ACT Minister of Health, Katy Gallagher. The MAYSOON group is also running with 7 women and 5 kids ....... we can't ask more than that!
Ross (DB) and Sonya are in Gladstone QLD and seem to be happy as they find out about the area. Already they have friends there and no doubt will make many more. We hope to pay them a visit in Winter - great time to be in QLD then.
My journey to health is on track and I am walking every day, expanding it now to 45 - 50 mins every second day until I am comfortable with it. I must say that a few months ago I had trouble with 10 mins and now I can walk 3 or so without an issue. The weight is falling off and I am feeling so much better.
Scrapping Stuff
Well there is a lot happening and I have been very creative.....
Last weekend I participated in the Scrap Therapy Cyber Crop and had a great time with it all.....
Then I finished the Chooks nest February Challenges which were great fun
I have completed all the challenges for the 52 pick - another will be posted tonight more info here
Last night I also finished 27 layouts for the Vic Fire casualties and though the LOs are simple they fill a pizza bx so that is a start. I will try and match that number again in the next couple of weeks ......... as so many people have nothing....... and have to start again. You can read about it here if you want to help Layouts for Vic Fire Survivors
And to top it all off LSBS is having a Cybercrop as I type this so I have finished all but one challenge for this.......
The upshot of all of this is that I have been getting through my photos at a great rate and while I still have more to do the pile is definitely getting smaller.
So I thought I would share some with you
Keeping Caught Up .... Sort Of
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment