Saturday, 27 December 2008

A little Christmas Post (aftermath)

Well it was extremely busy on Christmas day..... luckily Mum and Dad were able to spend it with us and celebrate. The day was pretty hot here - around 30 degrees but we did well.

Phil and I after a few wines....... very relaxed

Jess and I doing the mother daughter pose

With all hands on deck Jess and Jason hosted the celebrations at their place and did a wonderful job of cooking, setting up and cleaning. Of course we all chipped in some food to help and we had a very loaded table of goodies.

Can't believe that I don't have a good one of Matt - will have to rectify this

Matts gorgeous girlfriend Hai Pei

Mum and Dad seemed to have a great time despite the weather, and enjoyed catching up with the grand kids again. They stayed until around 2.30pm when we drove them home for a rest before Glenn was due to ring at 5pm.

Mum opening her gifts

Dad looking very content

Phil and I went back later and spent a few more hours chatting and drinking champers with the young ones, we left around 7.30pm and they were in for a long haul of DVDs on Jess and Jason's huge TV screen. Us oldies had a pretty quiet night in and ate a light dinner.

Jason and Jessica relaxing after all their hard work

It was a lovely day and we appreciate the celebrations with Mum and Dad. Life takes lots of twists and turns and we treasure these special times.

Christmas silliness
Can't tell they are brother and sister

What can I say - some things never change

I hope you all had a very happy Christmas and we wish you a happy and safe New Year.

Love
Carol

No comments: