Saturday, 5 July 2008

Menopause the musical

Last weekend Phil and I went to the beautiful town of Tilba - I just love that place. It is quaint, green, peaceful and so picturesque, it is a bit like I would imagine heaven to be - but without the road works.....which are going until September. You feel that you are in another time - it wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple of ladies in long dresses with parasols walked down the path..... It is that sort of place.

We stay at the Central Tilba Farm Cabins - they are very rustic but sooooooooo cheap. $55 per night and that is for the cabin not each!! The cabin could sleep 6 or more and they have a full kitchen and a log fire..... our favourite is the one on the end....it overlooks the valley and the cows. A glass of wine, standing on the deck looking over the valley is my idea of heaven. We even met up with friends there......so a couple of drinks and several laughs - what fun!

Here is the link Central Tilba Farm Cabins

Anyway we were home by 5pm on Sunday and Brenda and I had arranged to go to Menopause the Musical that night at 7.30pm. Well all I can say was that it was so great and funny that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. It was an absolutely wonderful night....... and most of the women in the audience were, well, of a certain age - so we all laughed together..... if you ever get the chance go and see it!!!! We have decided we are going to Shirley Valentine next.

We are now the proud owners of Scribbly Gums - we have settled now and look forward to popping out there in a couple ofweeks time to have a better look around, meet our (only) neighbours and do a bit of measuring up for a shed.

Matt came home after 7 weeks away overseas and he has had a wonderful time! With 3000 photos and lots of stories it was a trip that he will never forget. Tonight we looked at the Dubai photos before he had to go home and get ready to go out (after using the drier and helping us install a shower screen over the bath). He had such a wonderful time though and I think he might have a great case of the travel bug.

Mum and Dad have had a hard week, Dad has an infection and Mum has had a couple of nasty falls. I popped in on Wednesday morning and they were in all sorts of trouble. But today they look so much better and are getting on top of things again. We will take them out to Bungendore and Scribbly Gums once it isn't so cold..... as there is no shelter there yet and it does get bitterly cold. They are looking forward to that!

While we were in Tilba I did some drawings and I hope to do a few tonight so I will load them onto the website - hopefully tomorrow.

The Scrap Therapy website has the Make Believe Masters challenge which I am rather enjoying. I have entered several things and last night I made a birthday book. So Here are the pictures of what I created. They might be great for presents at Christmas for some people I know.......


The Birthday Book


Month Pages

This week at work we open the Althea Wellness Centre officially. This is months of hard work and is wonderful for people who would not usually access health care to get the best possible health care and options in a respectful environment. We have had our first clients. The vision of Althea has obviously been widely received as we have $1 million funding for stage 2. If you are interested here is the link!

Althea Wellness Centre

This week I am off to beautiful Melbourne - my home town - to attend the Addiction Summit. That is very exciting - but even better - I am going to catch up with the lovely Relsi!! We are spending some of Saturday together and do what we do best laugh and shop - we are off to Geelong to the Kaiser Craft factory outlet! How great is that???

Then when I get home after Melbourne I am off to Christmas in July - a work do. Unfortunately Phil is not coming to that because it is a bit pricey (I get it free due to the social club at work) but also because it isn't great for vegetarians. I will bring him home Christmas cake.

I am now having a break from pottery for one whole month....it seems such a long time. Unfortunately I had to miss several classes this last term, and so some of my work wasn't finished....but I do have a casserole, tagine and several cool things waiting to be fired. I will pick them up in August I guess. So the upshot is I don't really have much to show you all. Pop into Scribbly Gums blog this week and have a look at a few paintings..... I will try to add some tomorrow!

Remember - it is the little things that are important in life.
A smile can brighten a day
A coffee with a friend can ease pain
A hug shows someone you care
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much

With Love
Carol

1 comment:

Helen Jolly said...

Love reading all your news Carol
I dont know how you fit everything in!
You are WONDER WOMAN i swear!