Saturday, 30 January 2010

I have been sewing.....

I know I usually scrap - but I actually can sew - I just don't very often......... I think I did so much when growing up and when the kids were little - I ran out of steam.....

But I have been promising Mum for a few weeks to make her a pocket for the side of her new wheelchair - I made her one for her arm chair and she uses it all the time - but the wheelchair needed a different arrangement

So what did I do - I decided in my infinite wisdom (?) to make her a set ...... the pocket, a bag for the back and a cushion for the seat! My goodness if that wasn't enough I then decided I should applique them too (machine - I am not really into the hand thing)


Here they are
Pocket on the right, Bag on the right
Cushion at the back

Her wheelchair is burgundy the same colour as the fabric I have used and she needs a little brightening up I think - so I used those lollipop type flowers and buttons.....


Detail of the flowers

I finished last night at 1.30 am (should I say this morning) and those who know me well know I just get into what I am doing and tend to finish things rather than leave them.....

I will take them in on Wednesday - I hope she likes them (she will of course)

Love
C

PS now I am thinking a knee memory quilt would be nice for her birthday - goodness me I hope I haven't contracted a sewing bug - I don't have the space for that too at the moment :)

1 comment:

Marg said...

Am sure your mum will just love these Carol and they will certainly brighten her day!!!!! Great job...I am a bit the same with the sewing......love it but did too much earlier on.......
Take care..
luv marg xx