
Highfield near Stanley
Well here I am back from the beautiful Tasmania and while a little tired from travelling I am well and truly rested and I can honestly say I have had a wonderful and much needed break.


Ross Bridge
My brothers Glenn and Ross helped to support Mum and Dad. I feel very lucky that I could rest easy knowing that Ross and Sonya for week two and Glenn, Heather, Jack and Zoe for week three were here helping out, providing support and entertaining Mum and Dad. Being the only one here sometimes is hard and I need a break from both work and caring occasionally. Luckily my family see that as well.
Poppies at the Royal Hobart Botanic Gardens
Highlights of the Tassie Trip
Colonial Houses - they have the most amazing houses in Tassie - I guess I think that because comparatively Canberra is so young. I love the quaint houses the tree lined streets and the gorgeous English Gardens. Loved Ross (town) and Hobart - especially Battery Point.
The lovely town of Stanley - North West corner - gorgeous
View over the ruins of Highfield (convicts quarters) to the Nut
Catching up with Pam - a loooong time ago - read 15 years at least - I used to help out with cubs. I met Pam and she and I got on very well - she says I was a bad influence - but I think it might have been pretty mutual. Anyway we got into some hi-jinks at a few camps and had a pretty great time. About 10 years ago Pam went to live in Tassie and I visited her 5 years ago when I was there last time. Well, to cut a long story short, after some initial sleuthing to find her (and she doesn't have the net or a phone in her name!!) you should have seen her face when I walked in to the market where she had a little stall........... OMG it was absolutely priceless - we had lunch afterwards and she was just so blown away!!!!!
Green country side and cute black faced sheep - yes I know it is sad but I love black faced sheep!!!! Can't help it - but don't put me away - I only get like this in Tassie!
The Eco Rainbow Retreat - where we saw gorgeous baby wombats and joeys being looked after by Ian and Peter. We met Sophia and Phillip who are very cute wombats about 1/2 grown.
The Coles Bay Cruise where we saw dolphins, seals, whales, albatross, pacific gulls and Australiasian Gammets..... plus the gorgeous rocks and beaches of Coles Bay and the Freychinet Peninsula.
The Swansea Golf Course - this is a bit odd (!!) but I pinched the best gumnuts from here and did some paintings and I will be forever grateful for the wonderful colours and shapes - they were just awesome - we will look for these to grow at our farm!!
I will do a bit more to this later and add some photos - but it is wonderful to go away but oh it is great to be back!!!! I love coming home!
Lots of love
Carol







No comments:
Post a Comment