I am so happy to say we had a great time in Eden and we saw heaps of whales too!!!! We arrived in Eden to the Two Fold Bay Resort on Friday afternoon and it was pretty cloudy and the weather did not look all that promising.
Well I did a couple of quick paintings and saw a leucadendron bush near to the front office which was a little inconvenient to pick a piece in the daylight so we went for a walk later that night - they are amazing plants and were fun to paint.
Saturday was drizzly and cold, but I had bought a couple of great books to read so that was great for relaxing. We also looked at the sea and wandered around a few points in Eden.
Sunday arrived and we were up at 6am (7am daylight saving time). This is no mean feat as we are so not weekend morning people. After tea and a little raisin toast and a travel sickness tablet each, we were off to Eden wharf for a bit of whale watching on the CATBALOU. I remember taking my kids on this about 10 years ago - and the new and improved boat is great.
We saw heaps of whales which is wonderful..... in pods of 3 to 5. Here are a few pics....

These are 2 humpback whales and a couple of shearwaters (or mutton birds)

A wave from a dorsal fin

Feeding whales - Eden is the only place that they feed on their migration
The boat was pretty crowded with lots of people standing on the bow so it was at times difficult to get in a great shot - so all in all these are pretty great..... under the circumstances.
I also did 6 or so paintings but keeping in the marine theme here are the ones of shells and a little flora. I like how the mussels in particular turned out in these paintings..... there are more added onto Scribbly Gums if you are interested. I really didn't want the shell pink and pastel shell paintings and I rather like these...... let me know what you think.....


On the way home Phil stopped at the Christmas Barn for me in Bredbo.... I spent a little on a couple of cute Christmas ornaments..... I am so pleased that shop is not in Canberra - I could do some real damage.
Thanks for looking and have a great week!!
I also did 6 or so paintings but keeping in the marine theme here are the ones of shells and a little flora. I like how the mussels in particular turned out in these paintings..... there are more added onto Scribbly Gums if you are interested. I really didn't want the shell pink and pastel shell paintings and I rather like these...... let me know what you think.....


On the way home Phil stopped at the Christmas Barn for me in Bredbo.... I spent a little on a couple of cute Christmas ornaments..... I am so pleased that shop is not in Canberra - I could do some real damage.
Thanks for looking and have a great week!!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend - cool photos of the whales, and I love your drawings!
Hugs,
Pepper
fab photos carol. love the watercolours - they are fabulous!
Deanne
xx
Post a Comment